A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join the highly successful GeoSLAM business.
GeoSLAM is a technology company that develops game-changing survey solutions for the measurement and mapping of multi-level three-dimensional environments.
GeoSLAM was founded in 2012 as a joint venture between CSIRO (Australia’s National Science Agency and the inventors of WiFi) and a UK-based investor.
We’re looking for talented full-stack web application developers to join our successful and growing team and help us further enhance our products.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and pro-active individual with good communication skills, and experience of commercial software development.
There are a broad range of development tasks to complete and will the candidate will be working in all stages of the software development lifecycle.
They will be passionate about working on both front-end and back-end levels and enjoy developing software that solves our customers’ problems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for development and maintenance of:
- Various web-services (PHP and Python) to support the desktop application and SAAS Cloud processing engine.
- Automation and scripting of the SAAS infrastructure (Amazon Web Services)
- Other new and exciting projects!
The candidate will:
- Write high-quality, well-structured, maintainable code.
- Drive continuous improvement in the team, and in the company’s products and processes.
- Provide insight and feedback to the product and team to ensure a excellent customer experience.
- 3+ years in a development role
- Proven skills in as many of the following as possible:
- Experience developing web service APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Proficient with distributed version control (ideally git)
- Experience working on Linux servers, in particular Ubuntu
- Experience using 3rd party APIs and SDKs
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- UX Design
- Experience of setting up and maintaining Apache servers
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience working with 3D data / 3D visualisation
- Experience with JIRA / Jenkins
- Development skills in C++, C#
- Experience working with Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- Experience working with Point Cloud Library or similar
Knowledge of Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping (SLAM) techniques
To apply for this exciting new position please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Software Developer’ as the subject line.